At Streimer Sheet Metal Works Inc., we are a company of problem solvers, committed to being the answer to our customer’s needs. As a company we value teamwork, finding solutions, personal accountability, and an unwavering commitment to safety. Founded more than seventy years ago, we are a premier supplier of sheet metal products, systems, and services. A critical position in this organization is the Sheet Metal Fabrication Estimator/Project Manager role in our Fabricated Products group. This position is primarily responsible for estimating fabrication projects, entering orders for production, and serving as a liaison between customers and the shop to ensure successful execution of projects. This role will have an emphasis on serving architectural customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide estimating and project management support for the following product lines:
Architectural brake shapes, hoods, and pans
General fabrication of custom sheet metal products
• Utilize knowledge of fabrication processes to estimate custom projects.
• Use software tools to streamline and improve existing processes.
• Work in a team atmosphere with Fabrication, Purchasing, and Shipping to satisfy our customers and provide solutions to their problems.
• Follow up with potential customers to pursue open bids.
• Be a customer advocate for fabrication work.
• Be able to read and interpret project specifications.
• Assist with department continuous improvement activities
• Strong Customer Service focus.
• Background in sheet metal manufacturing or installation.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of sheet metal fabrication methods and materials.
• Ability to work independently under general supervision.
• Ability and motivation to negotiate to a “win-win” outcome with our customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Your application was submitted successfully.