Continuous improvement, complete customer satisfaction, and an absolute commitment to working injury and incident free are of utmost importance to our company. Founded over 70 years ago we are a reputable, premier supplier of sheet metal products, systems, and services. This position is responsible for working collaboratively across organizational functions to effectively manage the approval process of construction contracts and their administration. This position is also responsible for the documentation and administration of prequalification for subcontractors and ongoing issuance of any required subcontracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Construction Contracts
• Review contracts and pass-down provisions identifying needed changes, and items requiring Estimating and Project Management attention. Review pre-bid contractual information to identify and contribute language, as necessary.
• Calculate estimated OCIP/CCIP deductions and complete enrollment forms.
• Identify OCIP/CCIP, prevailing wage, certified payroll, and other requirements and verify they have been included on the work order.
• Calculate bid/performance bond estimates and request issuance of bonds, where required.
• Distribute a copy of the contract to USI for review and approval of the insurance requirements.
• Work with insurance agent to obtain Certificate of Insurance per contract requirements. Manage Certificate of Insurance on projects, tracking those that need to be reissued each year.
• Route contracts, via DocuSign, to EHS, Estimating, General Superintendent, and Project Manager for review and approval prior to contract signing by Company Officer.
• Discuss resolution of any contract discrepancies with Operations Manager and assist with negotiations with client where requested. Incorporate agreed upon modifications and submit final contract to Operations Manager and Company Officer for approval.
• Distribute partially executed copies as required including to the project file, forwarding appropriate documents to Accounts Receivables (e.g. billing forms, lien wavers, etc.).
• Input contract values and all executed change orders into Timberline.
• Manage approved subcontractor database, working with Safety to review and approve subcontractor safety program, and Financial and Tax Administrator to review and approve subcontractor financial health.
• Issue master subcontracts, subcontracts where required, manage releases to master subcontracts and change orders as required.
• Ensure pass-down provisions inclusive of OCIP / CCIP enrollment by subcontractors are incorporated into subcontracts, appropriate credits are applied and enrollment occurs where required.
• Work with insurance agent to establish guidelines, ensure compliance, and obtain Certificate of Insurance from subcontractors, tracking those that need to be reissued each year.
• Manage warranty letters and open warranty claims.
• Maintain prequalification program with preferred customers, including supporting documentation (e.g. contractor’s license, WC renewal rates, safety statistics, work resume, and personnel resumes).
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience with construction-related contract negotiation and management.
• Paralegal or legal assistant experience is desired.
• Experience with reading, interpreting, and applying contract language.
• Background in construction accounting, billing, purchase orders, and change orders.
• Advanced user of MS Excel, MS Word, and Bluebeam or Adobe Pro. Experience with Timberline and DocuSign is preferred.
Your application was submitted successfully.